MOHS SURGERY FORT MYERS
Dermatology Solutions is proud to provide one of the most effective skin cancer treatments, Mohs Surgery in Fort Myers and Surrounding areas. With up to a 99% success rate, Mohs’ unique procedure involves precisely identifying and removing skin cancer tissues layer by layer. Once the skin cancer tissue is removed it is microscopically examined to ensure complete cancer removal during the surgery. Since this procedure involves such precision in the removal of the skin cancer tissue, our surgeon is able to minimize the loss of healthy tissue surround the affect area. This maximizes the patients functions and cosmetic outcome.
When you contact Dermatology Solutions to schedule your appointment for a Mohs surgery consultation, our doctors will walk you through the steps of the procedure and answer any questions that you may have. The Mohs surgery is an outpatient procedure which is performed by our Board Certified Dermatologist and Mohs Surgeon, Dr Pilcher.
Top 3 Most Common Types of Skin Cancer
- Basal Cell Carcinoma (BCC) is the most common type of skin cancer. BCC consists of abnormal, uncontrolled growths or lesions that slowly grow and arise on the skin’s basal cells. Because of its slow growth, most BCC’s are curable and cause minimal damage when caught and treated early. BCC often looks like open sores, red patches, pink growths, shiny bumps or scars.
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma (SCC) is an uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells arising in the squamous cells which make up most of the skin’s upper layers. These cancers are most common to appear on areas that are often exposed to the sun (face, ear, neck, backs of hands, etc.) SCC can also develop in scar or chronic skin sores found on other parts of the body. SCC often appears like red scaly patches, open sores, elevated growths with a central depression, or warts that may crust or bleed.
- Melanoma is considered to be one of the most dangerous types of skin cancer. Melanoma develops when unrepaired DNA damage to skin cells triggers mutations. These mutations cause the skin cells to multiply rapidly and form malignant tumors. Melanomas can develop from moles or resemble a black or brown mole. Melanomas can also be skin-colored, pink, red, purple, blue or white.
Our Mohs Surgeon…
Knows you want your skin cancer treatment to be performed with the highest standards of quality and competency.
Board Certified Dermatologist and Mohs Surgeon
- Mary Frances Pilcher, MD is a graduate of Medical College of Georgia, and completed her residency at West Virginia University.
- With research experience, she is published in Pediatric Dermatology, Southern Medical Journal, and The Dermatologist.
- Dr Pilcher has worked and is licensed in New Jersey, West Virginia, and Florida.
- Dr Pilcher’s focus is Mohs Surgery and General and Cosmetic Dermatology. She is a skilled surgeon, with a history of curing complex skin cancers utilizing the latest Mohs techniques.
- Dr Pilcher is a member of American Academy of Dermatology, The American Society for Dermatologic Surgery (ASDS), and American Medical Association
Get the Answers to Some of the Most Frequently Asked Questions About Mohs Surgery
Offering Compassion &
Trust for Life
Offering Compassion &
Trust for Life
Our staff consists of highly trained, Board Certified and Experienced Doctors, Nurses and Physician Assistants. Our clinical staff are experts in Skin Cancer Prevention, Detection and Treatment
We are committed to providing you with exceptional care for all of your individual needs and unique skin type.
To treat our patients with the best possible care, we design our practice for hospitality and functionality. We are on Metro Pkwy between Daniels & Six Mile Cypress near Gulf Coast Hospital.
Although we live and work in paradise, the year round sunshine can increase your risk of skin cancer. We pride ourselves in educating, supporting and assisting the communities we operate within.
Let Us Find Your Solution to Your Skin Concerns
Our doctors & clinical staff are experts in the caring for the largest organ of the body. We provide services to children, teens, young adults and seniors allowing us to be a lifetime partner in your skin health. Our team can help you take care of your skin and help you find the treatment method that’s best for you!
Dermatology Solutions Proudly Offers Services to the Communities in
Fort Myers – Cape Coral – North Fort Myers – Lehigh Acres – South Fort Myers – Estero – Bonita Springs – Sanibel Island – North Naples – Naples – and All Surrounding Areas