At Dermatology Solutions, we encourage a consultation for esthetic treatments to allow us to best suit our patients wants and needs. In some cases, contraindications may not permit treatments to be performed. For more information on services, schedule your free introduction consultation, normally a $65.00 charge.
Pre procedure protocols:
Use gentle products only such as a gentle cleanser and moisturizers( Cetaphile, Obagi foam gel, Obagi gentle, SkinCeuticals soothing foam, cerave, vanicream cleansers) . Use SPF 🧴 30 to 50 . No other topicals are recommended unless your provider has authorized.
We recommend that you minimize sun exposer! Wear 🧴 SPF 30 to 50 and reapply approximately every 2 hours. No sweating for the next 48 hours to a ten days after the procedure. No other topical treatments should be done to the areas treated for 2 weeks post procedure. All other products and protocols will be given to you at the time of the procedure. If you have any questions or concerns please notify Kelly the esthetician at least 72 hours before a procedure!
Typically contraindications are:
- Allergy to ingredients
- Pregnancy, actively planning pregnancy or lactating
- Cystic acne, or herpes outbreaks
- Facial warts
- Open wounds, cuts, abrasions, piercings or tattoos on the area to be treated
- History of keloids
- Cosmetic facial surgery or ablative laser procedure within the last three to six months
- Chemical peels within the last 2 weeks to eight weeks depending on the depth of the peel
- Botox or fillers In The last 2 to 3 weeks
- Recent depilatory use/ waxing within the last week
- Use of oral retinoids within the last three to six months
- Topical Retinol/ retinoids, benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acids in the last 3 days to a week before esthetic procedure
- Excessive sun exposure with sunburn/ tan or irritated skin
- Current irritation of skin
- Recent radiation chemotherapy
- Autoimmune diseases including diabetes or asthma
- Use of immunosuppressant agents
- Patients that are prone to cold sores
In some cases an approval may be needed by the provider. In which case it may take time to get the approval!
Please notify Kelly the esthetician’s of any of these contraindications before scheduling an appointment for an esthetic service!
Offering Compassion &
Trust for Life
Offering Compassion &
Trust for Life
Our staff consists of highly trained, Board Certified and Experienced Doctors, Nurses and Physician Assistants. Our clinical staff are experts in Skin Cancer Prevention, Detection and Treatment
We are committed to providing you with exceptional care for all of your individual needs and unique skin type.
To treat our patients with the best possible care, we design our practice for hospitality and functionality. We are on Metro Pkwy between Daniels & Six Mile Cypress near Gulf Coast Hospital.
Although we live and work in paradise, the year round sunshine can increase your risk of skin cancer. We pride ourselves in educating, supporting and assisting the communities we operate within.
Let Us Find Your Solution to Your Skin Concerns
Our doctors & clinical staff are experts in the caring for the largest organ of the body. We provide services to children, teens, young adults and seniors allowing us to be a lifetime partner in your skin health. Our team can help you take care of your skin and help you find the treatment method that’s best for you!
Dermatology Solutions Proudly Offers Services to the Communities in
Fort Myers – Cape Coral – North Fort Myers – Lehigh Acres – South Fort Myers – Estero – Bonita Springs – Sanibel Island – North Naples – Naples – and All Surrounding Areas