The Mohs surgery is one of the most effective skin cancer treatment options. This procedure can treat most types of skin cancers with a success rate of up to 99%. Mohs unique procedure involves precisely identifying and removing skin cancer tissues layer by layer while leaving the surrounding healthy tissues intact and unharmed. The removed skin cancer layers are microscopically examined ensuring complete cancer removal during the surgery. Since this procedure minimizes the loss of healthy tissue, the functional and cosmetic outcome is maximized. When you contact Dermatology Solutions to schedule your appointment for a Mohs surgery consultation, our doctors will walk you through the steps of the procedure and answer any questions that you may have. The Mohs surgery is an outpatient procedure which is performed by our Board Certified Dermatologist and Mohs Surgeon, Dr Pilcher.
What Types of Skin Cancer is Mohs Surgery used to Treat?
Mohs Surgery is appropriate for most types of skin cancers including basal cell carcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma, as well as some kinds of melanoma and other unusual skin cancers. Mohs surgery is especially suitable for skin cancers that:
- Are located in areas where it is important to preserve as much healthy tissue as possible (i.e. on the face, hands, feet and genitals)
- Is located near scar tissue
- Is large, aggressive or growing at a rapid rate
- Does not have clearly defined bordered
- Has a high risk of reoccurring or has reoccurred after previous treatment
Our Mohs Surgeon…
Knows you want your skin cancer treatment to be performed with the highest standards of quality and competency.
Board Certified Dermatologist and Mohs Surgeon
- Mary Frances Pilcher, MD is a graduate of Medical College of Georgia, and completed her residency at West Virginia University.
- With research experience, she is published in Pediatric Dermatology, Southern Medical Journal, and The Dermatologist.
- Dr Pilcher has worked and is licensed in New Jersey, West Virginia, and Florida.
- Dr Pilcher’s focus is Mohs Surgery and General and Cosmetic Dermatology. She is a skilled surgeon, with a history of curing complex skin cancers utilizing the latest Mohs techniques.
- Dr Pilcher is a member of American Academy of Dermatology, The American Society for Dermatologic Surgery (ASDS), and American Medical Association
Get the Answers to Some of the Most Frequently Asked Questions About Mohs Surgery
Offering Compassion &
Trust for Life
Offering Compassion &
Trust for Life
We are staffed with highly trained, Board Certified and Experienced Doctors, Nurses and Physician Assistants. Our clinical staff are experts in Skin Cancer Prevention, Detection and Treatment
Since all skin is unique and no two people were created equal, we are committed to providing you with exceptional care for all of your individual needs.
We are conveniently located near Gulf Coast Hospital on Metro Pkwy between Daniels & Six Mile Cypress. Our office is designed for hospitality and functionality to treat our patients with the best possible care.
We live and work in paradise, but year round sunshine can increase your risk of skin cancer. We pride ourselves in educating, supporting and assisting the communities we operate within.
Let Us Find Your Solution to Your Skin Concerns
Our doctors & clinical staff are experts in the caring for the largest organ of the body. We provide services to children, teens, young adults and seniors allowing us to be a lifetime partner in your skin health. We can help you take care of your skin and help you find the treatment method that’s best for you!
Dermatology Solutions Proudly Offers Services to the Communities in
Fort Myers – Cape Coral – North Fort Myers – Lehigh Acres – South Fort Myers – Estero – Bonita Springs – Sanibel Island – North Naples – Naples – and All Surrounding Areas